Deltapath Goes Mobile – frSIP® supports Polycom® RealPresence™ Mobile enables your business video desktop extension on the go
Deltapath is excited to be one of the two companies in the world to to announce official support for Polycom® RealPresence™ Mobile
Hong Kong–(9 November, 2011) Deltapath, an innovator in pure Session Initiated Protocol based unified communication platform and industry solutions, announces official support to the Polycom® RealPresence™ Mobile with its flagship unified communication appliance, the frSIP® Unified Communication Core in its latest version.
Deltapath Goes Mobile “Deltapath’s vision is to make it possible for hundreds of thousands of frSIP Unified Communication Platform users to be able to connect and collaborate with each other with their preferred way of communication even they are on the road. Deltapath frSIP® supports the Polycom RealPresence Mobile, enables the mobile tablet devices such as Apple® iPad®2, Samsung Galaxy Tab™, or Motorola XOOM™ to be a remote extension of your video desktop in your office.” David Liu, CEO of Deltapath said.
Supporting Polycom video endpoints is a key component of the company’s vision to deliver the truly unified HD video and voice communication to business to the broadest range of devices and location.
Following Polycom’s announcement of the immediate availability of Polycom RealPresence Mobile, Deltapath is excited to be one of the two companies in the world to announce official support for it. Broadsoft is the other company to support.
Video Communications on Mobile for Enterprises
“As a long term partner of Polycom, Deltapath’s frSIP has been supporting a wide range of Polycom RealPresence products such as the HD Telepresence and Video series (formerly called HDX room series), the Polycom Universal Video Collaboration (the RMX series), RealPresence Desktop (such as HDX 4000 series, Telepresence m100, Business Media Phones VVX1500), and now at version 2.9.2 we extend the support to the Polycom RealPresence Mobile.”Liu said.
Deltapath enables their customers who have Polycom endpoints and UC infrastructure to extend and merge with Deltapath frSIP Unified Communication Core so that video and voice communications are available to the user truly anytime, anywhere.
Liu continued, “with your tablet device on hand, it is as simple as if you were using your desktop video device. Simply dial a video conference bridge extension number or a video endpoint extension that is connected to the frSIP Unified Communication Core to attend an urgent meeting even you are out of office.”
Deltapath frSIP on Polycom RealPresence Mobile brings a new level of portability, usability, and scalability to a number of vertical industries:
- Manufacturing and field services — Engineers now have eyes and ears on the factory floor to remotely facilitate inspection, expedite diagnosis, and reduce time-to-market.
- Enterprise — Sales managers visiting a customer’s office, can now invite their remote support team or their senior manager to join the customer meeting halfway even if they were unavailable to travel to the customer office, and there is no video conference device at the customer office.
- Real Estate — Agents can take their clients on a virtual tour with their tablet that saves time for the client in the first time round for short-listing.
- Healthcare — A physician can now use a tablet device to collaborate via video with medical experts to streamline telemedicine evaluations, speed diagnosis, and help save lives.
- Government — Mobile response units can now share and analyze live on-site information in real-time with crisis centers and emergency teams to analyze the situation, deploy needed resources, and enhance decision making.
Bring Your Own Device Companies today have a significant amount of choice when it comes to deploying mobile devices within the enterprise. Many companies are promoting a “bring your own device” policy to reduce costs and give people better choice and flexibility.
“By integrating Polycom RealPresence Mobile into Deltapath frSIP, we allow all our customers to enjoy High Definition audio and video communication anytime, anywhere on their own tablet devices on the go.