Today’s enterprise can extend their workforce to the mobile workers, even from home or on the road. Deltapath frSIP Mobile helps business travellers, mobile workers, remote office workers stay connected with the robust frSIP UC platform.
Hong Kong–(21 February, 2012) Deltapath, the pioneer innovator in pure Session Initiated Protocol based unified communications (UC) and industry solutions, announces the release of the Deltapath frSIP Mobile to extend the company’s Goes Mobile strategy announced in October 2011.
Deltapath frSIP Mobile for Apple iOS devices is a user app designed to work with any enterprise running frSIP Unified Communications Platform version 2.9.3 or above. This app provides enterprise mobility by enabling users to pair their mobile phones with their office extensions.
Mobility for Enterprise
frSIP Mobile enables hundreds of thousands of existing frSIP Unified Communication Platform users to stay connected in business and collaborate with each other even when they are working from home, across campus, or travelling on the road.
“You may make and receive calls on your office line right from your iPhone whenever you are connected to Wifi or 3G Data. You can make changes to your call forwarding settings, access the company’s directory and your personal contacts, and join conference calls in HD audio right at your finger tips. Enterprise can now take full advantage of the mobility features on frSIP Mobile and stay connected anytime, anywhere!” Said, Yip Yue Hong, Product Engineering Manager of Deltapath.
Drivers of Deltapath’s Mobile Strategy
Delivering Deltapath unified communication solution to mobile platforms is a key component of the company’s recently announced goes mobile strategy to bring secure HD voice communication to the broadest range of business, desktop phones, mobile, and tablets.
“We understand clearly the demand of unified communications and the desire for workers to stay connected in business with their own mobile devices to be more productive. By offering Deltapath frSIP Mobile for Apple’s iOS devices, business users can keep up to speed at work easily, reliably, and securely.” David Liu, Founder and CEO of Deltapath.
Auto-provisioning by Deltapath frSIP Unified Communication Platform
With the support of Deltapath frSIP Unified Communication Platform, frSIP Mobile brings a new level of portability, usability, and scalability to various industries.
“As soon as the user logins with his/her credentials, frSIP will automatically setup an account, provision the iOS device, and pair it up with the user’s existing office extension. There is no administrative task or support required from your IT department to activate the user and get him/her connected.” Hong said.
Ease-of-Use User Experience – Pair up with your office extension “Most soft clients on smartphones are designed to be more on demand and outbound oriented. Deltapath takes an extra step to ensure the user experience for our frSIP Mobile is similar to the ordinary GSM calls on the iPhone.” Hong continued. “frSIP Mobile is designed to be always-on, once paired, your Apple iOS device will simultaneously ring whenever your office phone rings. The user does not need to keep the app on foreground or keep the screen on all the time. The app will alert you whenever there is an incoming call, even when you have your screen switched off or you placed the app in background mode. You will never miss your calls.”
frSIP UC Platform extends its capabilities, features and benefits to frSIP Mobile in both end users experience and company level.
Extending the features and benefits to end users:
- Business traveler — Save roaming call charges by utilizing unlimited 3G data or free wifi. while travelling in foreign countries.
- Home office user — Extending the Polycom HD voice capabilities to end user’s mobile, and company saves the costs for acquiring extra equipments for the home office employees.
- Download and access to corporate phone book offline — Users can access to the corporate phone book and contacts stored on their Polycom phone from the frSIP Mobile app even when there is no connectivity to the Internet.
- Easily change the call forwarding rules — Executive can easily change its extension ringing behavior to forward all calls to his/her assistant, send all to voicemail, or perform a follow-me hunt and try the desk phone and soft clients first, follow by the mobile, then if still no answer – voicemail.
- One touch voicemail access — At anytime inside the frSIP Mobile app, the user can press the voicemail button to check his/her mailbox, send voicemail messages, or personalize greetings.
Extending the ROI and business efficiency to the company level:
- Call Recordings for business calls on frSIP Mobile — All incoming calls or outgoing calls to frSIP Mobile can be recorded via frSIP UC Platform. This ensures government and corporate compliance requirements to be fulfilled even when workers go mobile and work from a remote location.
- Supports various VPN clients — frSIP Mobile supports most of the popular VPN clients such as Juniper Networks’ Junos Pulse, allowing enterprises to maintain security while offering mobility.
- Reduce the company’s corporate mobile call charges by enjoying crystal clear audio with the HD VoIP over 3G data and Wifi. Help the company to save on the investment costs in wifi phones with Bring-your-own-device mobile strategy.
The Deltapath frSIP Mobile app is now available for free download at Apple iTunes and App Store. Deltapath frSIP Mobile is compatible with most of the Apple mobile devices such as iPhone, iPod touch and iPad running iOS 5.0.1 or above. The company is planning to roll out the frSIP Mobile on Android® mobiles in later 2012 to enable the business users who are using Samsung® Galaxy, Motorola® Droid, LG®Nitro, and many others Android mobile users to experience the benefits of frSIP Mobile.